eawe excellent young wind doctor award
EAWE awards every year the EAWE Excellent Young Doctor Award’ to a graduate Doctor who has defended a thesis of significant relevance for the further development of wind power and should demonstrate impact on future development and/or impact on the implementation of wind power.
The rules for candidates to be considered for the award are listed below:
- Eligibility: Thesis should have been defended in the calendar year before the award (e.g. in 2020 for prize in 2021). In case of doubt, please contact the Chairman of the committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). A thesis can only be considered for evaluation once.
- Quality: The PhD thesis should be of significant relevance for the further development of wind power and should demonstrate impact on future development and/or impact on the implementation of wind power.
- Language: The PhD thesis should preferably be written in English. If thesis is not in English because of institutional regulations, a number of journal publications written in English language should be submitted that should represent the work of the thesis. Submission of publications is not necessary for thesis written in English.
- Nomination support: The nomination should be supported with a motivation of the PhD supervisor and a motivation by a recognised senior wind energy expert from a different institution who has not been involved in the supervision of the project (e.g. a member of the examination panel could act on this capacity but the co-supervisor/co-author not).
- Submission: The application should be submitted via email with the PhD student, supervisor and supporting expert in cc and can be submitted by either the PhD student or the supervisor. Please send the application to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in cc.
- Deadline for submission: 1st working Monday of February of each year.
eawe excellent young wind doctor awardees
- 2020 Dr. Clemens Janek Hübler, University of Hannover, Germany
- 2019 Dr. Frank Lemmer, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- 2018 Dr. René Bos, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- 2017 Dr. Jayachandra Sakamuri, DTU VINDENERGI, Denmark
- 2016 Dr. David Schlipf, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- 2015 Dr. Emmanuel Simon Pierre Branlard, DTU VINDENERGI, Denmark
- 2014 Dr. Ke Ma, Aalborg University, Denmark
- 2013 Dr. Leonardo Bergami, DTU VINDENERGI, Denmark
- 2012 Dr. Dimitris Chortis, University of Patras
- 2011 Laith Rashid, University of Manchester
- 2010 Carlos Simao Ferreira, Technical University-Delft
- 2009 Julia Gottschall, University of Oldenburg
- 2008 Tonio Sant, Technical University-Delft / University of Malta
- 2008 Jason Jonkman, University of Colorado