journal of wind energy science
Wind Energy Science is an open-access international scientific journal publishing high-quality fundamental and pioneering research, reviews and commentaries in wind energy. The journal was founded in 2016 by the European Academy of Wind Energy (EAWE), in line with its motto “Fostering wind energy science and education”. Since then, EAWE manages and supports the journal, leveraging its worldwide academic network.
The scope of the journal includes all fields of wind energy that contribute to the improvement of the technology and can accelerate its development:
- wind and the atmosphere (atmospheric physics; wind and turbulence)
- fluid mechanics (wind turbine aerodynamics; wakes and wind farm aerodynamics; aeroacoustics; hydrodynamics)
- dynamics and control (dynamics and aeroservoelasticity; wind turbine control; wind farm control)
- wind technologies (design concepts and methods for plants, turbines and components; systems engineering; offshore technology; airborne technology)
- materials and operation (material science and structural mechanics; fatigue; end-of-life assessment and lifetime extension; operation and maintenance, condition monitoring, reliability)
- electrical conversion, integration and impacts (electrical conversion, grid integration and Wind-to-X; forecasting and market integration
Interactive Public Peer Review™
Wind Energy Science (WES) has an innovative two-stage publication process involving the scientific discussion forum Wind Energy Science Discussions (WESD).
In the first stage, papers that pass a rapid access peer-review are immediately published on the Wind Energy Science Discussions (WESD) website. They are then subject to Interactive Public Discussion, during which the referees' comments (anonymous or attributed), additional short comments by other members of the scientific community (attributed), and the authors' replies are also published in WESD. In the second stage, the peer-review process is completed and, if accepted, the final revised papers are published in WES. To ensure publication precedence for authors, and to provide a lasting record of scientific discussion, WESD and WES are both ISSN-registered, permanently archived, and fully citable.